Hello class. These are some things I thought you might find interesting. Please feel free to make a comment about anything hereby clicking the comment button below.
Here is a nice video that shows examples of the past perfect tense used in songs.
Last week I mentioned that I really like podcasts and I think they can be very helpful when you are learning a language. Here is a video that explains what a podcast is and how you can use them:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FY9fwkHbLwE
Here is a video showing an auction of contemporary art. Some of the paintings are by artists whose works we saw this morning. Can you guess how much those paintings sell for?
Real English is a good website for learning English. They do interviews of people on the street and make English lessons out of them. Here is a video of people using the unreal conditional, also called the second conditional, which we studied last week.
Unreal conditional video
I couldn't find a lesson there on the past perfect. It's probably there somewhere, though. Unfortunately, the site is not very well organized.
Here's a simple exercise in using the past perfect together with the simple past tense: http://www.ego4u.com/en/cram-up/grammar/simpas-pasper/exercises
Here's Johnny Cash singing Ghost Riders in the Sky:
Here's a silly cartoon that is related to the song:
http://x92.xanga.com/93ef55e6c0c31266044423/b212186094.bmp
You can find a lot more good websites for ESL on this page:
https://sites.google.com/a/mail.ccsf.edu/esl/
Hi. This is a test comment.
ReplyDeleteThis is a very good blog teacher... keep going!!!! :)
ReplyDelete